The historic Morgan House, 234 Church Ave., Oshkosh, home of the Winnebago County Historical and Archaeological Society, will be open for tours Saturday mornings throughout the Summer. The tours will take place each Saturday from 9am until noon through the Labor Day weekend. Admission is FREE
The Queen Anne style home was built in 1884 by John Rodgers Morgan, one of the founders of the Morgan Brothers Lumber Company. In 1987 the Winnebago County Historical and Archaeological Society acquired the Morgan House and embarked on may years of exterior and interior restoration.
The Morgan House has been a museum house since 1989 and is completely furnished with beautiful period furniture and antique decorative arts that represent the Victorian era during with the house was built.
For additional information about the Winnebago County Historical and Archaeological Society, call 920.267.8007 or visit their website at winnebagocountyhistoricalsociety.com.
The Morgan House is available to rent for small events and photo shoots, and private group tours can be arranged. Learn more about these opportunities by contacting Anne Anderson at 920-819-5456 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.